Update – 12/04/21
With the continued easing of restrictions, we are all hoping the worst of the pandemic and the lock- down restrictions can be put behind us.
As the landscape changes yet again, but this time in a more positive direction, and restrictions ease up and down the country, our office staff are preparing for their return to the office from 12th April. This ties in with the relaxation of the rules and the opening of non-essential retail, public libraries and community centres and many other businesses.
As we’re able to carry out social distancing in the office, we felt this would be the best, and the right time, to reunite our team at our head office on the Fylde coast and we can’t wait to welcome everyone back.
We are still making contactless deliveries where possible, and our delivery drivers will all continue to regularly check and record their temperatures, utilising the anti-bacterial spray and hand sanitiser, face masks, shoe covers, gloves and also carry full protective suits to be used where required.
We hope everyone remains safe and healthy, and should you need any support with anything during these challenging times, the team at Barons is here for you.
Barons’ Internal, Anti-COVID-19 Measures
- All of our on-site staff and visitors have their temperature taken and recorded at least once a day.
- Our factory, showrooms and offices are cleaned and sanitised regularly.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been installed at all site entrances and exits and all of our staff members and site visitors are actively following government advice on hand washing.
- Our manufacturing and customer service teams continue to work closely with our customers and suppliers as we continue to produce and deliver all customer orders.
- We have introduced split shift working wherever feasible.
- Whilst we still welcome customer and supplier visits in our showroom by appointment only, we continue to hold meetings by using video conferencing technology like Zoom where preferred or where it is more appropriate.
- We can still provide our unique display van service where it is safe to do so. Alternatively, we can also provide display van appointments via Zoom so we can continue to help and support all our customers, even from a safe and social distance.
Barons’ External, Anti-COVID-19 Measures
We are working closely with our supply chain partners to ensure that we are using the latest anti-microbial technologies, all of which are scientifically proven to kill Coronavirus.
Our external delivery and sales teams also have their own anti-Covid-19 protocols:
- Our delivery drivers and external sales team always carry digital thermometers and have been asked to regularly check and record their temperatures and to remain vigilant at all times.
- Also, all of our delivery drivers and external sales team are equipped with face masks, gloves, shoe covers and carry fully protective, disposable suits should these be required.
As the current climate is constantly changing, we’re aware that customer needs may also change. Please advise our customer service department of your individual requirements at the point of order and we will ensure your needs are communicated to our delivery teams.
Q: Can I still order?
A: Absolutely you can. We’re still operating as normal as we possibly can and you can place your orders by calling our friendly team on 01253 741940 or by emailing your order through to email@example.com.
Q: Will you be able to make deliveries?
A: Yes, we are still making deliveries. We can meet special delivery requirements, including making deliveries to communal reception areas only and minimizing close contact with vulnerable residents.
Q: Is your showroom still open?
A: Our showroom is still open for essential business meetings, strictly by appointment only, and with COVID secure protocols in place.
Q: What precautions are you taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
A: We are taking a number of different precautions here at Barons in order to try and prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Regular hand washing
- Temperatures taken daily for all of our staff and any visitors
- Face masks are worn by staff when not seated at a desk
- Screens are in place
- QR code for track and trace purposes for any visitors
- Hand sanitising stations are present throughout the buildings
- Office staff are working remotely from home
- Regular cleaning of communal areas such as kitchens, toilets etc
- Area Sales Managers offering COVID secure display van appointments
- COVID secure deliveries